Aspiration, Inspiration, Motivation - Aim High
As parents, we want you to enjoy being part of Old Hall and hope that you will feel able to enter into partnership with us to enable your child to achieve their full potential. This section is designed to give you a taste of school life at Old Hall.
"You lead a very harmonious and welcoming school where pupils are encouraged to thrive." - Ofsted 2018
At Old Hall, staff and governors in partnership with parents, are committed to providing a high quality education which encourages each child to develop to his/her full potential within a happy, caring and challenging environment. At Old Hall, excellence and enjoyment are central to our school ethos. Learning and fun go hand in hand as we develop and encourage our children to become independent and creative learners.
"Your vibrant and engaging school curriculum reflects the school’s motto, ‘aspirational, inspirational, motivational’. Pupils welcome the many enrichment activities that you provide to enhance their learning." - Ofsted 2018
Our curriculum is planned carefully to ensure that all of our children are; challenged, engaged and motivated to learn. Preparing children for life in the 21st century, with its ever changing technologies is central to our endeavours. A wide variety of educational experiences, visits and visitors help to widen the children’s understanding and learning.
"...a ‘fully inclusive school where children’s varied needs are fully supported and met" - Ofsted 2018
Every child at Old Hall is recognised as an individual. We aim to know them well and our priority is that they; enjoy school, are happy and feel safe. We believe that children need to develop the basic skills of literacy and numeracy.
Simultaneously, we want them to leave us with a wide range of concepts, skills and attitudes that will enable them to become lifelong learners. Emphasis in school is placed on teaching our children to have; self-respect, respect for others, confidence and a sense of responsibility for their own well-being and for that of others and the environment.
Please visit us and see for yourself the uniqueness of our school.
"This is a good school...the quality of teaching is good and some is outstanding. Teachers inspire pupils to learn well and to take pride in their work."
At Old Hall, staff and governors, in partnership with parents, are committed to providing a high quality education which encourages each child to develop his/her fullest potential within a happy, caring and challenging environment.
1. A quality education that implements the Early Learning Goals for the Foundation Stage and implements the National Curriculum.
2. A stable, well balanced, supportive, happy and meaningful environment in which each individual can develop towards a useful, compassionate and responsible adulthood.
1. To help pupils develop lively enquiring minds, the ability to question and to argue rationally.
2. To help children develop the qualities of self motivation, self discipline, self reliance and maturity.
3. To help pupils acquire the knowledge, concepts, skills and attitudes laid down in the Early Learning Goals of the Foundation Stage and in the National Curriculum and those which will be of permanent value to their development as individuals, will prepare them for later stages of their education and for taking their places as adult members of society.
4. To help pupils develop respect for religious beliefs and moral values, an understanding of other races, cultures and religions and an appreciation of the dignity and inherent self-worth of all humanity, regardless of gender, race or creed.
5. To help pupils appreciate human achievements and aspirations, and to understand how they can contribute to these.
6. To help pupils understand and value the environment and world in which they live and the interdependence of individuals, functional groups and nations.